Wednesday 25 October 2017

3D Printing Napoleonic Movement Trays and Bases Part 2

So I have been late to the party and discovered Tinkercad.  Loving it so far.  I have some big plans and will end up sharing my designs.  Just still getting my head around a few things.

So I posted an article here on how I made my bases for my Napoleonics.  Well now I have designed a custom base I can proudly call my own that is 20mm x 20mm x 2mm.  It has a hole in the exact centre to allow a 5mm x 2mm rare earth magnet to perfectly fit.  I made the hole for it 5.3mm in diameter for a tight fit.

This saves the drill and a lot of mess... oh an unnecessary plastic wastage!

This is only the beginning.

Tinkercad design wargame base
Proud of my first design using Tinkercad. 20x20x2 base with a 5.3mm hole

3d printed wargame base
Duplicated it in the slicer as I needed to bases

wargame base magnet
A perfect snug fit, I only add Glue when placing the Soldiers on

Boom!


No comments:

Post a Comment