Tuesday 14 November 2017

Polish Airborne - By The Shortest Way

As you know I have a rather large 1939 Polish Collection in 28mm.  Naturally I should progress to their Airborne.

Warlord Games recently released some British Airborne Plastics that can also be modelled as the Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade.

I will be modelling my box set on these brave chaps.  These guys jumped into Operation Market Garden and suffered heavy casualties.  As always they fought Bravely.

These Warlord Models are simply fantastic.  I am surprised at how well they painted up.  The Berets look great and I will definitely model a lot more with their unique beret.  I have some metal support options for these guys also from Warlord Games.

These models will be used for the upcoming Bolt Action Supplement for Market Garden and the recently released Battle Group Market Garden Book.  I do plan on making a British Airborne force in 20mm.

Rather than my usual paint a test figure and go from there, I jumped right in and painted 6!

"Najkrótszą drogą" (By The Shortest Way) - Motto of the Polish Airborne


28mm WW2 Polish Airborne Miniatures
28mm Polish Airborne By Warlord Games


Polish Airborne Beret
My favourite of the first 6 I painted.



Polish Airborne Bren Gun
Bren Gun


Polish Airborne Rifleman
Helmets optional


Polish Airborne Sub Machine Gun
With SMG


I finally have a force with Moustaches


Polish Airborne with berets
Polish Airborne Berets look awesome and are unique






4 comments:

  1. Nice paint work on the Poles Dave.
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look awesome Dave - cant wait to have them fight alongside my Brit Paras on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I best get some more made up and painted! Definitely looking forward to getting them on the table especially with their British Allies.

      Delete